Bendix/King also introduces new KMA 30 audio aircraft control system allowing for wireless communications in the cockpit
OSHKOSH, Wis. — July 22, 2012 — Equipping pilots with sophisticated tools to simplify flight operations, Bendix/King, a division of Honeywell (NYSE:HON), today revealed myWingMan, a flight planning and in-flight navigation support application. myWingMan is an intuitive application that provides full enroute navigation on a moving map display, real-time weather information, and synthetic vision for improved flight navigation and safety. In addition, Bendix/King has unveiled a new KMA 30 Bluetooth®-enabled audio panel that enables simplified and always connected wireless communications in the cockpit.
Designed specifically for general aviation pilots, myWingMan features:
- An advanced synthetic vision system, which increases situational awareness by providing pilots with a real-time view of the location of the aircraft with relation to surrounding terrain and a compelling 3-D virtual view outside the cockpit, unencumbered by clouds, fog or darkness.
- Preflight planning, including a unique Smart Routing function, which automatically plots the best and most fuel efficient flight route and altitude.
- Sophisticated weather capabilities including airborne XM satellite weather that enables pilots to improve decision-making around inclement weather.
- Seamless interaction with certified aircraft systems, including the ability to synchronize flight plans and other data from myWingMan into the selected panel avionics such as the Bendix/King KSN 770 using the Aspen Connected Panel™ system.
- A clean user interface with both two- and three-way split-screen views of available charts and data so pilots can view multiple windows of information at one time and swap views by a simple drag-and-drop gesture.
Bendix/King has offered its Wingman services for 11 years, and its myWingMan application is an extension of such services.
KMA 30 Audio Panel Streamlines Communications in the Cockpit
The KMA 30 is a six-place (intercom for use in two-six seat aircraft) audio panel that improves pilots’ flexibility and control of all radio and audio systems. It includes the following features:
- Flexible radio and music distribution is easily controlled during flight and enables the pilot to adjust how radio communications, cell phone audio and entertainment are distributed throughout the cockpit and to the passengers.
- Secondary radio monitoring options include Isolate mode, which ensures that communications on the primary radio are always heard; the secondary entertainment radio is automatically muted when frequency transmissions overlap.
- Pilot-controlled Bluetooth integration with cell phones and portable entertainment devices eliminates the need for audio wires in the cockpit.
- Recording and playback of recent radio transmissions through the approach control ensure that critical communications are received and understood, improving pilot and passenger safety.
Pricing and Availability
The myWingMan application will be offered as a free 60-day trial application next month. Following the trial period, myWingMan will be available via an annual subscription of $99 for VFR chart capabilities and $149 for IFR chart capabilities.
The new KMA 30 audio panel will be available starting July 23, 2012, for $2,300 (U.S.) MSRP from authorized Bendix/King dealers. To learn more, visit Bendix/King at booths 313, 314 and 2162 at the EAA AirVenture air show, July 23–29, at the Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, Wis.
Kevin Gould, President, Bendix/King
“Pilots today are seeking to simplify and streamline their cockpit operations. Our new myWingMan app and KMA 30 audio panel help them do just that,” said Kevin Gould, president of Bendix/King. “By providing enhanced functionality at a low cost, we’re bringing innovative and intuitive products back into the cockpit.”
• About Bendix/King
• Read more about Honeywell Aerospace
• Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
• Subscribe to Honeywell’s Corporate RSS feed
Based in Phoenix, Arizona, Honeywell’s aerospace business is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space and airport operations.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell’s shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.
Bendix/King is part of Honeywell’s aerospace business and has been delivering a wide range of avionics for light aircraft since 1959. Bendix/King is located in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Honeywell and the Honeywell logo are the exclusive properties of Honeywell, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other Honeywell product names, technology names, trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Copyright 2012 Honeywell.
This release contains certain statements that may be deemed “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, that address activities, events or developments that we or our management intends, expects, projects, believes or anticipates will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. Such statements are based upon certain assumptions and assessments made by our management in light of their experience and their perception of historical trends, current economic and industry conditions, expected future developments and other factors they believe to be appropriate. The forward-looking statements included in this release are also subject to a number of material risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to economic, competitive, governmental, and technological factors affecting our operations, markets, products, services and prices. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, and actual results, developments and business decisions may differ from those envisaged by such forward-looking statements.
Waggener Edstrom Worldwide
+1 830 214 4823
Waggener Edstrom Worldwide
+1 708 724 2285