• DPD Is Deploying 12,000 Honeywell Mobile Computers Across Europe
• Mobile Computers Are Critical for Package Delivery Drivers; Must Be Tough Enough to Withstand Extreme Conditions and High-Tech Enough to Exchange Important Data
• DPD to use Honeywell’s Remote MasterMind™ Device Management Software to Manage the 12,000 Mobile Computers Across Europe
Fort Mill, S.C., August 13, 2013 – Global parcel and express delivery company DPD is equipping all of its 12,000 drivers in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxembourg with a Honeywell (NYSE: HON) Dolphin 99EX mobile computer.
DPD, responsible for delivering 2.5 million parcels each day, also is leveraging Honeywell’s Remote MasterMind device management software, which allows its depot managers and administrators to push software updates and verify the computers are working properly from a single dashboard.
Parcel delivery companies share a need to enable their drivers to deliver parcels in extremely wet, cold or dusty environments, while scanning barcodes, capturing customer signatures and determining the optimal route to their next drop-off. “Our requirements for this significant technology investment were clear: we needed a user-friendly mobile computer, smooth scan software performance and a total solution that could help us prepare for future transaction increases,” said Peter Störring, director operations, DPD GeoPost (Deutschland). “We also needed a software system to manage our equipment, and Honeywell’s Remote MasterMind gives us a decisive efficiency advantage. Honeywell’s technology was best able to meet our needs on all fronts.”
“Honeywell has a strong track record of equipping large-scale parcel delivery companies like DPD with reliable technology and hardware that drive productivity in the field,” said John Waldron, president of Honeywell Scanning & Mobility. “Speed and accuracy are the foundation of the parcel delivery industry, and we take real pride that DPD selected Honeywell technology as the key link between its drivers and customers.”
The Dolphin 99EX mobile computer was designed with input from transportation and logistics companies to help their workers be more productive. Special features include:
• Ergonomic design that can be held comfortably with one hand and a customized keypad to shorten the amount of time it takes to input data;
• Motion, light and proximity sensors that optimize the mobile computer’s screen and lighting for its current environment, whether it’s being used in a warehouse, truck or outdoors in bright sunlight.
• The sensors also help preserve battery life, which is longer than any comparable rugged mobile device – up to 16 hours on a single charge, removing the need for drivers to carry extra batteries or fit delivery vehicles with chargers.
• 3.9G wireless technology for real-time voice and data communication, keeping workers connected regardless of network carrier or technology, and allowing for faster data acquisition and better tracking;
• Honeywell’s advanced Adaptus™ Imaging Technology 6.0, allowing drivers to swiftly read and decode linear and 2D bar codes and capture photos for proof-of-delivery;
• IP67-rating for protection when the mobile computer is exposed to dust, water, or multiple drops to concrete from as high 1.5 meters.
For more information, please visit www.hsmcity.com and www.honeywellaidc.com.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; automotive products; turbochargers; and performance materials. Honeywell Scanning & Mobility (HSM) is part of the Automation and Control Solutions (ACS) business group of Honeywell. HSM is a leading manufacturer of high-performance image- and laser-based data collection hardware, including rugged mobile computers and bar code scanners. With one of the broadest product portfolios in the automatic identification and data collection industry, HSM provides data collection hardware for retail, healthcare, and transportation and logistics companies seeking to improve operations and enhance customer service. Additionally, HSM provides advanced software, service and professional solutions that help customers effectively manage data and assets. HSM products are sold worldwide through a network of distributor and reseller partners. For more information on Honeywell Scanning & Mobility, please visit www.honeywellaidc.com.
This release contains certain statements that may be deemed "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, that address activities, events or developments that we or our management intends, expects, projects, believes or anticipates will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. Such statements are based upon certain assumptions and assessments made by our management in light of their experience and their perception of historical trends, current economic and industry conditions, expected future developments and other factors they believe to be appropriate. The forward-looking statements included in this release are also subject to a number of material risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to economic, competitive, governmental, and technological factors affecting our operations, markets, products, services and prices. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, and actual results, developments and business decisions may differ from those envisaged by such forward-looking statements. We identify the principal risks and uncertainties that affect our performance in our Form 10-K and other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Dolphin, Remote MasterMind, and Adaptus are trademarks or registered trademarks of Honeywell International Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Honeywell Scanning & Mobility
+31 40 2901 605