Aeroflot, UTair and Aviation Capital Services order Honeywell avionics suites for new 777, 737NG and A321 aircraft
MAKS, MOSCOW, Aug. 27, 2013 – Russian airlines Aeroflot and UTair and aircraft leasing firm Aviation Capital Services (ACS) have ordered a total of 126 avionics suites from Honeywell Aerospace (NYSE: HON) for installation on their latest fleets. Honeywell’s avionics suites feature the latest systems to maximize safety, increase passenger comfort and reduce pilot workload. Deliveries start in 2013 and include:
• 16 avionics suites for Aeroflot’s latest Boeing 777 fleet.
• 50 avionics suites for ACS’ latest Boeing 737NG fleet. In 2012 Aeroflot signed a memorandum of understanding with ACS to lease 50 737NGs, extending Aeroflot’s Honeywell avionics portfolio.
• UTair has selected 40 Honeywell avionics suites for its new Boeing 737NG fleet and a further 20 Honeywell avionics suites for its new Airbus A321 fleet.
Honeywell’s avionics suites bring Aeroflot, UTair and ACS numerous advanced safety systems that comply with current and anticipated future international mandates. These technologies include:
• IntuVue 3-D Weather Radar: IntuVue helps pilots identify and plot a course around bad weather up to 320 nautical miles away. Unlike conventional 2-D systems, it collects and presents details in 3-D, making it easier for pilots to visualize the full extent of a storm through intuitive graphics. The system also helps pilots detect potentially damaging turbulence and offers the industry’s first hail and lightning prediction system as an option.
• Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System (EGPWS): Proven through more than 800 million flight hours, Honeywell’s EGPWS uses aircraft inputs such as position, attitude, air speed and glide slope, along with internal databases of terrain, obstacles and airports, to predict potential conflicts along the planned flight path. It uses a database loaded with approximately 30,000 runways and 80,000 objects in more than 10,000 airports worldwide to improve pilots’ situational awareness in the terminal vicinity.
• Traffic Collision Avoidance System (TCAS): TCAS includes the latest Change 7.1 standards to ensure advanced collision avoidance protection and also the latest resolution advisories to provide pilots with the best course of action. Additional capabilities include SmartTraffic, which helps pilots and air traffic control optimize long-haul flights based on surrounding traffic to reduce fuel consumption and increase traffic awareness through Hybrid Surveillance.
• Flight Data Recorder (FDR) and Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR): Honeywell’s FDR and CVR systems record activity on the flight deck and across the aircraft, to help investigators understand the chain of events leading up to an accident.
• Sergei Pritulenko, Country Leader, Russia/CIS, Honeywell Aerospace
“By selecting Honeywell’s avionics suites for some of the industry’s most capable and mature aircraft, these operators are putting passenger safety and comfort at the top of the agenda, and changing perceptions of the safety of Russia’s commercial fleets in the progress.”
• Mikhail Yukhnovskiy, Chief Fleet Management Department, UTair
“Following a competitive bid, we selected Honeywell’s avionics for installation on our new aircraft. With our new aircraft to be delivered between 2013 and 2019 we are acquiring the industry’s most advanced technologies and the best available equipment for safe operation and passenger satisfaction.”
• Anton Belofastov, 737/777 Fleet Manager, Aeroflot
“In Honeywell we have selected a proven and trusted avionics partner, building on a well-established relationship we already have in auxiliary power units. Our 16 new 777s will benefit from the industry’s most advanced safety systems, and through our latest leasing agreement with ACS, we will also bring passengers flying our new 50-strong 737NG fleet this same level of safety and comfort.”
Honeywell is showcasing its commercial, business, helicopter and general aviation capabilities at MAKS 2013, in Zhukovsky, Moscow, from Aug. 27–Sept. 1, at Booth #B36 in the U.S. pavilion.
• About Honeywell at MAKS 2013
• Read more about Honeywell Aerospace
• Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
• Subscribe to Honeywell’s Corporate RSS feed
About Honeywell Russia
Since the 1930s, Honeywell has provided technologies to Russia that improve safety, security, operational efficiency and profitability across many sectors, from residential to commercial and industrial and including critical infrastructures such as airports, hospitals, sports stadiums, and public buildings and facilities. It also has a long history of development in Russia’s oil and gas industries, including the modernization of refineries.
Honeywell collaborates with many Russian universities, including Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Gubkin Russian State Oil and Gas University, Saint-Petersburg Technological University and Ufa State Oil Technical University, as well as with entities such as Rusfilter, Boroskov Institute, BARS, Lukoil Inform, the Russian design institutes and others. More than 650 professionals support Honeywell’s operations in Russia, covering all four strategic business units: Aerospace, Automation and Control Solutions, Performance Materials and Technologies, and Transportation Systems.
About Honeywell Aerospace
Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. The Aerospace business unit develops and integrates technologies that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, connectivity, logistics and more that deliver safe, efficient, productive and comfortable transportation-related experiences. For more information, visit http://aerospace.honeywell.com or follow us at @honeywell_aero on Twitter.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell’s shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.
Honeywell and the Honeywell logo are the exclusive properties of Honeywell, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other Honeywell product names, technology names, trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Copyright 2013 Honeywell.
This release contains certain statements that may be deemed “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, that address activities, events or developments that we or our management intends, expects, projects, believes or anticipates will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. Such statements are based upon certain assumptions and assessments made by our management in light of their experience and their perception of historical trends, current economic and industry conditions, expected future developments and other factors they believe to be appropriate. The forward-looking statements included in this release are also subject to a number of material risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to economic, competitive, governmental, and technological factors affecting our operations, markets, products, services and prices. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, and actual results, developments and business decisions may differ from those envisaged by such forward-looking statements. We identify the principal risks and uncertainties that affect our performance in our Form 10-K and other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
+44 7794 007289
Honeywell Aerospace Media Center
+1 202 662 2672