Mission and Quality Statement
The National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) has established a system where federally-run field offices oversee the Management & Operating contractors for each of NNSA's eight sites. These field offices provide the necessary communication between federal and contractor employees as well as oversight to improve management procedures. The Kansas City Field Office has about 35 highly-qualified federal employees. Almost all employees have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher and among them have more than 20 different professional certifications. More than 50 percent of federal employees are either engineers or scientists. In addition, the Kansas City Field Office is ISO 9001:2008 certified.
To contact the Kansas City Field Office, please call 816-488-3341.
The Kansas City Field Office, in cooperation with our stakeholders, is entrusted by the National Nuclear Security Administration and the Public to manage the resources of the National Security Campus in an effective and efficient manner that will:
- Accomplish the mission of the National Nuclear Security Administration
- Comply with laws and regulations
- Value our employees and their contributions
- Minimize risk to the Public and the environment while providing a safe and secure working environment
- Protect NNSA facilities and resources
NEPA - Categorical Exclusion (CX) Determinations
- Identify, document, and measure processes to assure the quality of products and services to fulfill customer requirements
- Continually improve all processes, products and services
- Maintain the public trust and foster positive relations with our neighbors and the community